Lead your small to mid-sized CPG brand to the next peak by collaborating on challenges with Kevin Cleary.
Gain new perspectives on strategic opportunities, drive results via relentless focus, and create a powerful, sustainable culture with a partner who knows how to achieve breakaway growth.
is an inspiring leader with an exceptional track record of partnering with private and public companies. He has proven that breakaway growth can be achieved by strategic prioritization paired with a relentless focus on the alignment of every executional element. He is a highly respected speaker who creates followership through deep personal connections.
Previously, as CEO at Clif Bar & Company, Kevin was instrumental in growing company revenue 10X to become a leader in the healthy snack food category. With his relentless focus on strategy, execution and culture, he built a multiple bottom line organization that won numerous awards for green business, “Great Places to Work,” and sustainable agriculture.
Kevin holds an MBA from The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a BS from University of California at Berkeley. He is a three-time Ironman finisher, five-time marathon finisher, former American Ninja Warrior competitor, and coach for his three sons’ basketball and baseball teams.
Much of Kevin's advisory work is leading organizations through the strategic planning process, helping them create highly effective C-Suite teams, and advising CEOs on the day to day challenges of running the business.
- Crystallizing company mission, vision and values
- Establishing strategic intent for the next 3 years
- Identifying the growth and enabling strategies
Go To Market Strategy & Execution
- Channel strategy and strategic role of trade promotion
- Account level planning (product, place, price, promotion)
- Collaborating on navigation of day to day challenges
Organizational & Leadership Development
- Organizing to deliver against strategies
- Identifying, developing and retaining top talent
- Business management processes and key metrics
Kevin has been instrumental in helping us develop a cohesive corporate strategy and effective organizational structure. His multifunctional and CEO experience makes him particularly valuable to a private company.
– Greg Doyle | CFO of GoMacro
Kevin has spoken at events I helped organize for both the Network of Executive Women and Naturally Bay Area. His message is engaging, inspiring and actionable. He packs decades of experience into a simple but powerful framework that can be applied to any business.
– Mary Tarczynski | Principal, Parabolic & NonProfit Board Member